Pioneer Research Award
True innovation comes from good research
Pioneer Research Award applications now closed
The ESCRS Pioneer Award is an initiative sponsored by the ESCRS to support and encourage independent clinical research in the field of cataract and refractive surgery
The competition is open to young ophthalmologists up to the age of 40 (with at least three  years ESCRS membership) holding a full time clinical/research post at an EU-based clinical or academic centre.
The Pioneer Award aims to fund any type of new initiatives, which may include:
- a novel research idea for development of clinical trial studies
- a non-interventional or observational study
- a natural history / epidemiological study
- a comprehensive series of retrospective case-control studies
- a patient or disease registry
Successful applicants may receive up to €50,000 for a project with a duration of no longer than 2 years.
Applications are now closed.