Pioneer Research Award
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applications are now closed and will re-open in March for 2023.
Your submission must not exceed 550 words and must include the following sections here (excluding the word count headings and/or excluding academic references):
- Title [25 words]
- Introduction [130 words]
- Formal statement of research & statistical hypothesis [80 words]
- Outline of research proposal [120 words]
- Summary of clinical and economic impact of the research [85 words]
- Summary of regulatory research [40 words]
- Summary of required budget and duration of study [70 words]
Who Can Apply
The competition is open to young ophthalmologists up to the age of 40 (with at least three  years ESCRS membership) holding a full time clinical/research post at an EU-based clinical or academic centre.
*Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom & Uzbekistan.