Clinical Research Awards
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- (a) I hold a full-time or affiliated post with an established EU-based clinical or research institute named below (EU countries and WHO associated countries).
- (b) I have demonstrable prior experience in the conduct of clinical research in the field of ophthalmology.
- (c) I am familiar and experienced with the administrative, insurance and regulatory requirements for the conduct of EU-based clinical research studies.
- (d) I understand that Expressions-of-Interest will be evaluated by the ESCRS Research Committee (including other independent peer reviewers) who will generate a shortlist of applicants to be invited to make a full comprehensive research proposal. I understand that all decisions on Expressions-of-Interest and/or short-listed proposals made by the ESCRS shall be final and no correspondence will be entered on any matters arising from any the Clinical Research Awards.
- (e) I confirm that I am the author of the application and I have been a member of the ESCRS for at least three (3) years and my ESCRS membership number is included on my Expression-of-Interest submission.
*The study should identify which type of human study to be used: non-interventional study, low intervention clinical trial, observational study, other; is it to use a medicinal product, medical device, diagnostic device. If known, please provide the details, for example, Regulation (EU) No. 536/20141 or Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on Medical Devices (MDR)2, or other (give explanation).
1 Regulation (EU) No. 536/2014
2 Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on Medical Devices (MDR)
If any of the required information is omitted, an entry will not be evaluated.
Any queries regarding the application form or process should be directed to the Clinical Trials Research team via the ESCRS Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.